My wife, Melanie Jackson, published a 17-book cozy mystery series named the Miss Henry Cozy Mystery Series.
Recently, I set up a custom forwarding domain name for this book series.
Here’s how I did it…
- I went to namecheap.com and purchased the domain name misshenrymysteries.com for $10.
- I configured misshenrymysteries.com to forward to the Miss Henry Cozy Mysteries series page on Amazon.
- I setup email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to all forward to email@example.com.
As a result:
- Going to misshenrymysteries.com automatically takes you to the Amazon series sales page, where you can buy the entire series for just over $40. This has become the series’ home page. Therefore you should always write in a series.
- Readers can send emails to their favorite characters from the series.
Now that’s what I call a landing page. Please check out misshenrymysteries.com to see what I’m talking about.
In the next post, I’ll explain how to use your new domain and email accounts to create a series-specific Instagram account that sells books!